Traps, Scams and Other Cons
Or, how to find a real psychic
and get a helpful reading
good psychic reading can help you to tend your life as you would a garden,
and aid you in growing along with it. Maintaining balance on all levels
of existence is an important goal that a personal psychic can help you
achieve. A reader can illuminate your possibilities, choices and options
as you approach the many intersections of life. The following are a few
tips to consider as you select a psychic who will meet your needs:
Selecting a Psychic:
- Above all, chose a person with whom you are comfortable. Being nervous is normal, but you should not feel intimidated.
- No matter how well known, or how highly recommended, not every psychic will blend with you and be able to give you useful information.
- A high-priced psychic is not always better. Some of the best second opinions I've received are from psychics who are new to the business, still used their guidebooks and charged very little,
or who work for a 900 line. Psychics don't standardize their fees. However, a general guideline is $15 to $250 for a thirty minute reading. This fee reflects payment for the psychic's time, years of practice and training, transportation, books, and their tools of the trade. This can be compared to your physician's or attorney's fees which also reflect payment for their expertise.
- A reading should be open-minded. If you feel the psychic is placing
moral judgments on your activities
or lifestyle choices, walk away! Only you can determine your ethics, not a psychic.
- Choose a method of reading that will best answer your questions. Though every psychic will present a different reading, certain types of readings may answer your questions more specifically. You may have to do some experimentation or research into the different methods. Some of your choices may include Chandler's; Card, I-Ching or Rune readers; Palm readers; Psychic healers; Numerologists; or Astrologers. (However, some Astrologers and Numerologists regard themselves more as scientists than psychics.) A reader who is Clairvoyant (meaning clear vision) will generally get visual images, so questions pertaining to lost objects or physical descriptions of people entering your life are well suited to this method. However, many psychics who are labeled "clairvoyant", simply use the term to indicate that they have psychic abilities or a sixth sense.
Utilizing your Psychic:
- Try a general reading first to see what the reader can pick up. As a reader, this is often like looking at a child's book that is all illustration and no words, so it is the most difficult part of a reading, but a wonderful challenge.
- After a general reading, if you are still comfortable, ask specific questions. This adds words to that child's book and will get you considerably more specific answers.
- Unlike most services, a psychic reading is a process. The actual consultation with your reader is only the beginning.
When you go home, look over your notes or listen to the tape (if provided). Some things that seems irrelevant or inaccurate may take on new meaning. Refer to your notes occasionally to see if anything becomes relevant as time passes, and to verify the accuracy of any predictions made. In the later case, hopefully
if they pointed out something negative, the psychic gave you possible solutions so you could eliminate or lessen the problem.
- Write down your psychic's name and phone number so you can contact them again!!! I've heard too many sad stories about clients feeling that the psychic was wrong, ripping up their number and putting them out of their minds,
only to find that later on, the psychic was completely accurate, except now they can never contact the same one again. (But I hear this story when they do find me! "blush") I usually attach the reader's name and number to the reading notes or tape, and affix it to the calendar so that I can check off things as they occur, and remember the bits of wisdom the reader provided from day to day. When the reading's reach of time has elapsed, I put it with my permanent records such as birth certificates. The reason for this is that I do my own readings most of the time, or have friends who do them, but there are times when I need an opinion from someone who knows nothing of my life and can be totally objective. These "crisis" times, fortunately, are infrequent, and it is easy to misplace a name and number that has been unused for a long time.
- Have fun! A reading should be exciting, entertaining, and reflective. As your psychic helps you to pull up from the maze of your life, you can see an overview, and discover what direction you wish to take next, and what mistakes have been made before. Through this perspective, you can find humor in life, and enjoy the adventure of living.
Traps, Scams and Charlatans:
Don't take skepticism too far. These examples are rare, so be cautious and alert, but not overly defensive or guarded.
You have to let your internal guards down to be read at all, but if anything like the following,
true life situations listed below occur, be alert! Remember that you can always walk away and never return. These are stories I've collected from friends and clients over the years, most of them within the past 8 months. These are the charlatans out there that prevent sincere and honest psychics from receiving the respect and occasionally, the business licenses they deserve! Try not be embarrassed if you are conned,
and don't look down on those who have been. These charlatans are very good at what they do!
||The "psychic" tells you that you have a curse/ negative energy/ a black aura and offers to remove the problem (for an extra fee of course, sometimes as high as $2500, or several payments of $70 to $500 each!) Reuniting love relationships is also a favorite for these con artists. They often use their practiced and superior knowledge of human nature to prey on your weakest areas. A sincere reader will explain to you how you can go about reversing a problem or negativity (self-empowerment is the whole point of a reading, not (as Starhawk would say) power-over. ....just got another one, the reader demanded $200 and a photo of a lost love to get the couple back together!
||The "psychic" tells you that an object you own (usually something expensive) is cursed or has negative energy that is preventing you from being happy, finding love, getting pregnant (hey, unnatural birth control!) having riches, etc. etc. They may offer to cleanse/ burn/ bury the object with an elaborate ritual. Of course they will have to do that later and without you, and will have to take it away (to the local pawn shop of cleansing!).
||The "psychic" implies that you should not talk about the reading with your friends, as it will be "bad luck" or it will "jinx" you. This is usually for one of two reasons: either you will find out that you received the same reading as your friends, or the "psychic" fears that your friends will tell you that the
reading was a scam. There are a few exceptions to this, such as when the reading was about your friends.
||This one is tricky, as it can reveal either a very rare psychic talent, or a very practiced crook. The "psychic" practices "name dropping" by saying that they see someone with the letter T, M, J, etc. and as you say "Mike" so does the psychic. This makes it seem that they realized it just as you said it. However, these are among the most commonly used initials in the United States, and pulling a name out of thin air is a very rare psychic talent, so be alert if it happens, and check your feelings to see if you have been truly comfortable with the reader. Do you want to pay for the talents of your reader as a psychic, or as a predator?
||You leave the reading feeling as if the "psychic" has some power or control over you, or may even "curse" you if you don't do as they have instructed or if you don't return within the time the reader specified. Did they do anything to make you feel this way? Reassess your feelings about the reader again.
[ Home ] [ Dream Weaver ] [ Alan Jackson ] [ Alan Jackson Lyrics ] [ Aliens ] [ Annuals ] [ Aphrodisiacs ] [ Avoiding scams ] [ Awareness Ribbons ] [ Bamboo ] [ Banner Exchanges ] [ Birthday on Planets ] [ Blue ] [ Boot Anatomy ] [ Boot Fit Guide ] [ Boot Glossary ] [ Boot Leathers ] [ Boot Makers ] [ Boot Retailers ] [ Candle Colors ] [ Celtic Woman ] [ Chinese Zodiac ] [ Christmas Tree ] [ Color Codes Chart ] [ Consumer Resources ] [ Contact Page ] [ Country Music Stars ] [ Cowboy Boot Toes & Heels ] [ Cowboy Hats and Sizing ] [ Cowboy Hat Etiquette ] [ Craft Name! ] [ Crystals & Gems ] [ Currency Converter ] [ Donation ] [ Pass drug test ] [ Epsom Salt ] [ Eye Teasers ] [ Fairies ] [ Fat Burning Diet ] [ Free Fonts ] [ Friends ] [ Funny Things ] [ Fun Stuff ] [ Halloween ] [ Halloween Treats ] [ Hello!! ] [ Herbal Codes ] [ Herbology ] [ Herb Uses ] [ Home Remedies ] [ House Plants ] [ Juice Recipes ] [ Karma ] [ Kinds of Tea ] [ Lemon Cleanse ] [ Misc. Links ] [ Macaroni!! ] [ Magic 8 Ball ] [ Metaphysical Classes ] [ Midi's & Mpg's ] [ Monthly Calender ] [ Moon Phases ] [ Motorcycle Makers ] [ My Athletic Shoes ] [ My Boots and Spurs ] [ Mystical Unicorn ] [ Natal Astrology Chart ] [ Need a spell ] [ Never Forget ] [ One Little Rose ] [ Orchid Growing ] [ Orchid Sources ] [ Pagan Humor ] [ Pagans / Wiccans ] [ Pentagram vs. Pentacle ] [ Perennials ] [ Phobias A-Z ] [ Plant Care ] [ Podcasts ] [ Posters ] [ Propagating Plants ] [ Psychic Test ] [ Quaker Parrots ] [ Quartz Crystals ] [ Ragtime Music ] [ Recipes I like ] [ Roses ] [ Runes ] [ Sadie and Beethoven ] [ Shape Shifters ] [ Smiles ] [ Snow Globes ] [ Speed Test ] [ Spices ] [ Spices I Have ] [ Spiritual Gifts ] [ Sponsors ] [ SToe vs. CToe ] [ Superstitions ] [ Symbols ] [ Tarot ] [ Tools of the Craft ] [ Toyota Yaris 2008 ] [ Toyota Yaris 2012 ] [ Tree Signs ] [ Vitamins and Minerals ] [ Water Therapy ] [ Western Boot Styles ] [ Wines ] [ Work Boot Toes & Heels ] [ Your ET Self ] [ Zodiac Signs ]
Copyright © 2003 K K
Most recent revision
Monday, 28. March 2016 12:27:01 PM